When talking about wellness, nutrition is 80% of the game.  The other 20% will come from your fitness or your workout program.  If you are serious about weight-loss, getting ripped, becoming a true athlete, or truly becoming healthy, then cleaning up your diet is a must!  We keep nutrition as  simple as possible, so we can sustain it through-out our lives.  The worst things you can do is go on a “diet.” Do not limit your calories, go on a cookie diet, drink only lemon juice and peppers for a month, etc.  Basically, use common sense and ask yourself if what you are about to do is sustainable for the rest of your life.  If it is not, then it is only a very short-term solution.  Find your long-term solution and start now!  I hate being the bearer of bad news, but there is no quick and easy fix.  If you go on some crazy diet where you are limiting your calories to 1200 a day, you will lose weight, but guess what, that is incredibly unhealthy for you as you are basically starving yourself.  1200 calories of ice cream is not equivalent  to 1200 calories of vegetables, so stop thinking of things in terms of calories.  How many calories did you burn yesterday?  Nobody knows!!!  There are ways to estimate,  but those are not very good.  If you burn 150 calories during a workout, how many more do you burn as your body recovers? Again, people can estimate, but nobody knows your unique body, so there is no way for you to know how many calories you need each day and it would never be the same from day to day!!!



Here is the solution.  Stop counting calories and focus on eating natural, unprocessed foods.  Keep it simple and eat lean meats, vegetables, nuts and seeds, some fruit, little starch, and no sugar.  This is called the Paleo diet or the Caveman diet.  Like everything, you can find a lot of people on both sides of this one.  From our research, it is not only the diet that makes the most sense, but is the easiest to follow.  Basically, it is based off of eating what our bodies have evolved to process.  We eat the same things our hunter-gatherer ancestors ate.  The owners of this site have been on the Paleo diet for years now and have seen amazing results.  Body composition, energy levels, fat loss, and just not getting sick…are these sounding like the results you were looking for from a fitness program.  Couple our workout program with the Paleo diet and results will be drastic and fast!!!



Changing your diet can be difficult in the beginning.  There is a lot of great information out there, and here are some of our favorites…


Robb Wolf’s books provide great information on the Paleo diet. The Paleo Solution is a must read for anyone who is serious about cleaning-up their diet.
Paleo Recipe Book


Paleo Diet Smoothies Recipe Book:  Smoothies are a great post-workout meal or snack during the day.  Having an arsenal of recipes in which you know are healthy is great to have close at hand.


Fat Blast Meal Plans:  Figuring out how to eat in line with the Paleo diet can be difficult.  This site provides you a meal plan with shopping list and recipes you can follow to get you started.